Do you have teams already at work on small to large projects but need immediate guidance on reaching your goals?
Regardless of the topic domain; quality, finance, service, operations, people or community, we facilitate teams with an absolute clarity on forward momentum, on reaching the desired goal within the desired time-frame.
Here are some common concerns:
- increasing buy-in and reducing resistance
- breaking out of "strategic/project stagnation"
- creativity techniques to develop ideas for change
- setting or refining a project AIM ("What are we trying to accomplish?")**
- running PDSA, or knowledge cycles (testing change)
- creating process, outcome and balancing measures
- run chart and control chart technical assistance
- "best-practices" use of data for improvement to report out to board, leadership, staff and public
- use of improvement tools: fishbone, flow chart, driver diagram, pareto, etc.
- creating just-in-time data collection and analysis tools
- how to find and recruit patients for an existing team
** People are inherently good and enjoy capturing improvement. This is why without a solid "AIM" ("what are we trying to accomplish?") 10 people on a team will each have slightly different interpretations of what is to be accomplished.